Minutes to install
Base settings come preset
No Computer Needed. No Dyno Required
Make adjustments on the vehicle with the engine running
Simple Push Button Adjustment Interface
The Power Box controller comes pre-programmed with our recommended map for your vehicle with a Big Gun exhaust system. We highly suggest installing the controller and going for a test ride/drive before making any adjustments since the tuning development has already been done for you ahead of time. If after you try it and still want to adjust further, the function of each mode is explained below. Slight tuning adjustments may need to be made to accommodate for aftermarket air filters, intakes, high-compression cams, head work, etc.
(Depending on your vehicle)
Only 1 (or) 2 flashing green LED(s) should appear somewhere on the LED display.
MODE 1 – YELLOW – Fuel addition during acceleration (mid-range RPM)
Only 1 (or) 2 flashing yellow LED(s) should appear somewhere on the LED display.
MODE 3 – RED – Fuel addition during full throttle (high RPM)
This adjustment deals with adding fuel for primarily 4000 RPM and up to red line. For example, running to red line in 1st, shifting, running to red line in 2nd, shifting, and continuing this all the way through the gear range, you would have been engaging the red zone all the time.
Only 1 (or) 2 flashing red LED(s) should appear somewhere on the LED display.
MODE 4 – GREEN / BLUE – Adjusts when Mode 1 engages
This mode determines if the green fuel is on at idle or engages slightly above idle. Adjusting down to the lowest LED setting in this mode will turn the green fuel on at idle and adjusting up to the highest LED setting (8) will turn the green fuel on only during cruise and not during idle.
A flashing green LED should appear somewhere on the display along with a solid blue LED on the right.
MODE 5 – YELLOW / BLUE – Adjusts when Mode 2 engages
The lowest LED setting (1) represents the lightest load to switch on the yellow fuel and the highest LED setting (8) represents the heaviest load to switch on the yellow fuel.
A flashing yellow LED should appear somewhere on the display along with a solid blue LED on the right.
MODE 6 – RED / BLUE – Adjusts when Mode 3 engages
The red LED should be engaged during the full throttle period. The lowest LED setting (1) represents the lightest full throttle load to switch on the red fuel and the highest LED setting (8) represents the heaviest full throttle load to switch on the red fuel.
A flashing red LED should appear somewhere on the display along with a solid blue LED on the right.
- Be sure you can view the Power Box, then start your vehicle. The LEDs on the Power Box will scroll back and forth for several seconds. With proper installation, the LEDs will stop scrolling and go to either one or two steady or slow flashing GREEN LED(s) on the far left.
- With an improper installation, at idle, the LED display will show a flashing GREEN and a flashing RED LED. This occurs when the Power Box is not receiving a proper injector signal. Re-check the wire connections.
- The flashing GREEN and RED LED combo is common for a proper installation during deceleration because the stock fuel map may shut off the fuel injectors during this process.
- To program, the vehicle must be running and at idle.
- Make sure your vehicle is at normal operating temperature when making adjustments.
- To enter each successive mode, press the MODE button the same amount of times as the mode number, i.e. to get to mode 3, press the MODE button three times.
- When pressing the MODE button, only a light tap is needed. Don’t hold it down or press it any longer than a tap, otherwise you may skip modes.
- If at any time you stay in an adjusting mode for longer than five (5) seconds without pressing any buttons, the Power Box will exit the adjusting mode and will return to the ready state.
- All setting changes that are made within each mode are auto-saved after the Power Box exits back to the ready state.
- Settings in each mode are adjusted by pressing the PLUS (+) and MINUS (-) buttons. The LED’s are numbered 1 through 8. However, the LEDs can be adjusted to the following positions: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8.
For example, if you are adjusting MODE 3 and LED 4 is flashing red, then MODE 3 is set to 4. If you then press the PLUS (+) button once in that mode, LEDs 4 and 5 will flash red simultaneously indicating it is now set to 4.5. If you press PLUS (+) again, only LED 5 will flash red, indicating it is set to 5.
The LED display can also be set to 0.5 by pressing the MINUS (-) button and scrolling the LEDs to position 1, then pressing the (-) button once more until the LED in position 1 is flashing twice as fast as normal.
The higher the setting DOES NOT mean more power. Only proper fuel tuning will allow you to achieve the best power and torque.